Thursday, August 15, 2013


Yes, well: I seem to have my prototype model complete, and frankly I like it.  Now I just need to finish up the drawings and such, and also make a few notes about how to build the parts into something that isn't shameful, and we'll have a regular blog going on here.

For those curious or otherwise intrusively-nosy, here's the first photo of my mostly-complete prototype:


Let's be honest: it has some faults.  The "Police Box" signs on all 4 sides are not the right color, they don't light up, and they lack the smaller "public call" text in the middle.  The beacon light on the top doesn't light up (yet).  The door handle and lock are misplaced (they are too low), and it's possible that someone would quibble with me about the number of layers in the roof and I wouldn't argue with them.  The base is also not painted and not secured to the body yet.  I haven't made the TARDIS noise work yet, either, even though I have the parts and pieces for that.

However: The door opens and closes, and when it's closed the magnets keep it closed.  The "free to Public" sign in the front stationery panel is very pretty.  The worn-out look is about perfect.  The windows are frosted, and when I hit the switch there are TARDIS lights which light from the inside.

I look forward to your comments on this first post, and I'll start posting instructions and drawings soon.  If you don't believe me, or are impatient, Here's a link to the working SketchUp file (you need Google SketchUp to read that file) which will be the basis for all the parts of these instructions:




Leave a Reply

Comment Moderation is on only to keep spam out of the way. Your comments are welcome as long as they are either funny, helpful, or fawning and embarassingly-kind. The only moderation policy is that any comment can be removed at the capricious whim of the blog author.

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Translate

Wibbly-Wobbly Stats

Popular Post

- Copyright © Frank Turk/Bigger On the Inside -

Doctor Who, the TARDIS, and all related characters are all property of BBC. The only purpose of this site is to be a fan with other fans. All diagrams, instructions, blog posts and videos are provided free of charge for the fan community, and are intended for non-profit entertainment purposes only.

-Blog Template Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger -

Designed by Johanes Djogan